The Pathways Guide to
NYC Early Childhood Teacher Certification
About the Guide
The guide pages contain a step-by-step guide to fulfilling the requirements set forth by the state of New York to become certified in Early Childhood Education. All of the information detailed is made available through the New York State Education Department and the New York State Teacher Certification Exam organization and is valid as of December 31, 2010.
Use this information as a starting point for charting your course to becoming an early childhood classroom teacher. If you have any questions on certification topics not covered in this booklet, please reach out to our Career Development Services Center. One of our Career Advisors will be happy to provide guidance specific to your needs.
- Step-By-Step overview
- A. Approved Teacher Preparation Program - underGraduate
- B. Approved Teacher Preparation Program - Graduate
- C. Alternative Teacher Preparation Program - Graduate
- D. Additional Classroom Teacher Certification - Graduate
- E. Interstate Reciprocity - Graduate or Undergraduate
- Alternate Teacher Preparation Programs
- Types of Alternative Certification