Conselyea Street Block Association (CSBA)
Small World Child Care Center
Position Vacancy: Head Teacher (2)
CSBA seeks to fill two head teacher positions in its growing child care center.
Report to the Child Care Center director and coordinates classroom educational team. The head teacher is responsible for establishing and leading a developmentally oriented classroom environment conducive to the growth of young children and their families. Successful candidates will have familiarity with the principles of emotionally responsive practice and primary caregiving, as well as be able to assess the educational and developmental needs of each child with input from their families and engage and involve parents in the program. The teacher is responsible for holding regular conferences with parents and occasional evening parent meetings. The head teacher is responsible for the development of classroom staff, through regularly scheduled individual and group meetings.
• Masters Degree in Early Childhood Education
• NYS Certification in Early Childhood Education (Birth to Grade Three) required
• Experience working with two year olds and preschool aged children
• Experience working with parents
• Experience supervising classroom staff
Contact: Agnes DiGruccio (718) 963-0330