Bright Horizons at The Octagon on Roosevelt Island, NYC is a full service program for children ages six weeks through five years old. The center is open from 7:30 a.m. until 6:30 p.m., serving fifty children. This position requires a Director who will work closely with the Administration Team and Teaching Faculty to ensure the implementation of a developmentally appropriate program that meets NAEYC Standards and Bright Horizons Family Solutions philosophy and guidelines.
Apply now and launch an exciting new leadership career. As a child care director, you will have the opportunity to hire, train and supervise a team of passionate committed teachers while making a difference in the lives of children and families. You will also manage the daily operations of the center which include marketing, enrolling and managing financials using our online systems. At Bright Horizons, your expertise is valued, your contributions are recognized, and your professional goals are supported. It won't take long for you to see why Bright Horizons is the only child care company to be named repeatedly by FORTUNE magazine as one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For."
• BA/BS in ECE required
• MA in ECE with NY certification N-6 or B-2nd
• Exhibit extensive capabilities in both written and oral communication skills
• Broad base of supervisory experience and demonstrated organizational skills
• Ability to articulate extensive knowledge in, and the capacity to lead faculty in, implementing a developmentally appropriate curriculum
• Six to eight years experience with full time care preferred
• Strenuous attention to detail, a spirit of teamwork, professionalism, and a sincere love of children
• Demonstrated experience with financial management
• History of positive parent relationships
• Knowledge of NAEYC Accreditation Process
• Experience with Client Sponsored Child Care preferred
Apply online at www.brighthorizons.com/careers