Setting: NYC Public School, Day Care/ Child Care Center
Academic and Experience Requirements
NYS Teaching Certificate
Ongoing Training/Professional Development
- Professional development is made available by the Community School District, in partnership with the Early Childhood Providers.
- A minimum of 4 professional staff development days must be provided each year.
- Currently, in New York City, UPK teachers can teach in center based organizations without a NYS Teacher Certificate – as long as the Director has a NYS teacher Certification. As of September 2005, ALL UPK teachers in NYS and NYC are required to have NYS Teacher Certification.
- NYC Public School Teachers help students meet in all subjects. Read the NYS learning standards
- Frequently asked questions about NYS Certification
- Get more information on NYS Teacher Certification
- Read More on Alternative Programs to NYS Teacher Certification
- A New York City License is necessary when applying for any NYC public school position. For NYC Licensing information visit the Education & Training section.Get more information on NYC Licensing