Skip over navigation
15/30 Hours - Professional Development
- Family Day Care Providers, Group Family Day Care Providers, Group Family Day Care Assistants, Center Based Staff and Directors must complete a minimum of 30 hours of training every 2 years.
- 15 hours of such training must be taken during the first 6 months of the program’s first year of licensure or during the person’s first 6 months of employment by the program.
- Training must address the following topics:
- Principles of childhood development
- Nutrition and health needs of children
- Child day care program development
- Safety and security procedures, including communication between parents and staff
- Business-record maintenance and management
- Child abuse and maltreatment identification and prevention
- Statutes and regulations pertaining to child care
- Statutes and regulation pertaining to child abuse and maltreatment
- Shaken Baby Syndrome
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)