CHILD AND ADULT CARE FOOD PROGRAM (CACFP)
The Human Resources Administration (HRA) is sponsoring a new program called CACFP. This program is managed by the New York State Department of Health under federal regulations. The Program focuses on serving nutritious meals in the homes of:
- Child care centers, including Head Start centers, and outside school hours programs serving children through age twelve in licensed or registered non-residential settings
- Family Day Care Homes that are licensed or registered or legally exempt from licensing (a private home where a small group of children is cared for) and have an agreement with an approved CACFP sponsoring organization.
- After school programs providing educational or enrichment programming for children up to nineteen years of age in low income areas
This program can benefit you by...
- helping you pay for the food you provide the children in your care
- teaching you how to plan and serve meals that meet USDA standards
- letting parents know that you serve nutritious meals
- offering you training that will improve the overall quality of the care you give
If you are interested...
- in learning more about this program,please call 212-835-7101 or 212-835-0163 between the hours of 10 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- or visit: http://www.health.state.ny.us/nysdoh/nutrition/cacfp/pages/aboutcacfp.htm