Core Body of Knowledge
The NYC Early Childhood Professional Development Institute (PDI) in collaboration with the NYS Early Childhood Advisory Council (ECAC), has completed the third edition of the Core Body of Knowledge.
This version of the Core Body of Knowledge presents competencies or recommended practices in each of seven competency areas:
- 1) Child Growth and Development
- 2) Family and Community Relationships
- 3) Observation and Assessment
- 4) Environment and Curriculum
- 5) Health, Safety and Nutrition
- 6) Professionalism and Leadership
- 7) Administration and Management
It then relates specific behaviors and skills associated with each of the competencies.
For questions, comments or more information about the Core Body of Knowledge, please contact:
Jessica Howe, Project Coordinator
Phone: (718) 254-7286