Kidz Korner Child Care program is designed to provide the opportunities for children to build self-esteem, self-confidence, and positive relationships. Our goal is to provide all of the children in our care with a clean, safe, comfortable, loving environment where they can play and learn. Our approach to teaching can be described as a sharing of knowledge between child and an adult, in a hands-on, child-directed atmosphere. Kidz Korner provides a high-quality early childhood program where the children are active learners in both a structured and unstructured setting. The teachers develop learning experiences and ask questions that encourage children to think and problem solve. They nurture and develop the social, emotional, physical and intellectual stages of each child.
We are looking for reliable, caring and enthusiastic teachers to join our team of Lead Teachers. We offer competitive salaries These positions are full-time.
We also have comprehensive employee offerings that are very competitive and our teachers are compensated according to market-relevance. We also offer a wide range of medical insurances and wellness benefits including life insurance, dental, vision as well as retirement planning with our new Simple Plan match program (all benefits are available to our full-time employees).
Job Type: Full-time
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Working with children from 6 weeks - 18 months in our infant rooms, and 18 months - 3 years old in our toddler rooms
· Collaborating with other teachers to create developmentally appropriate activities as well as assisting with the in-classroom training and mentoring of newly-hired as well as existing employees
· Ensuring daily care of each child in program by adhering to all of Kidz Korner standards as licensing requirements
· Curriculum implementation
· Student assessments and parent/teacher conferences
· Participation in staff meetings
· Cleaning, restocking of classroom supplies and keeping an organized classroom
· Adherence to New York State Regulations and work as a team to follow the classroom schedule.
· Communicating with parents directly to ensure success for the child.
· Must be at least 18 years of age.
· Associates Degree in Early Childhood -OR- Infant/Toddler CDA Credential.
· Experience caring for children preferred
Additionally, once hired, candidates will complete teacher preparation training programs in accordance with NY state regulations and receive on-going training with many professional development opportunities.
We are currently hiring for our Colonie and Guilderland locations. Please submit your resume to Emily at email@example.com and indicate what location you are most interested in!