Lead Teacher (Certified)
Bright Minds Academy INC
Date Posted: 09/21/2020
Salary / Wage:
Location: Staten Island, New York
The Daycare Teacher instructs preschool-aged children in activities designed to promote social, physical, and intellectual growth. Preforms a variety of tasks, such as dressing, feeding, bathing, and overseeing play of children in daycare.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Organize and lead activities designed to promote physical, mental, and social development, such as games, arts and crafts, music, storytelling, and field trips.
- Teach basic skills, such as color, shape, number and letter recognition, personal.hygiene, and social skills.
- Observe and evaluate children's performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
- Provide a variety of materials and resources for children explore, manipulate, and use, both in learning activities and in imaginative play.
- Teach proper eating habits and personal hygiene.
- Prepare materials and classrooms for class activities.
- Enforce all administration policies and rules governing students.
- Identify children showing signs of emotional, development, or health-related problems ad discuss them with supervisors, parents or guardians, and child development specialists.
- Meet with parents and guardians to discuss their children's progress and needs, determine their priorities for their children, and suggest ways that they can promote leaning and development.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Asst. children with hand washing.
To qualify, you must possess (or be on track to hold by September 1, 2020) one of the following NY State teaching certificates(Open external link):
- Early Childhood (Birth–Grade 2);
- Nursery, Kindergarten and Grades 1–6 (N–6);
Prekindergarten–Grade 6 (P–6);
Position includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.