EHS Home Visitor
Commission on Economic Opportunity (CEO)
Date Posted: 09/28/2020
Salary / Wage: $15.00/hr
Location: Troy , New York
Location: Troy, NY
Hours per week: 35
At CEO, we believe that every child deserves the best possible start in life. Our Early Head Start Program serves children from six weeks to three years old. The Program prepares infants and toddlers for success at an early age, teaching them skills they will use in Head Start and beyond.
- Promote children’s development and learning through the implementation of a developmentally appropriate home based curriculum for families and children through weekly home visits
- Recruit children for the Early Head Start Program; working with their families on goal planning; completing strengths and needs assessments; providing community referrals and resources; planning and conducting two socialization's per month
- Encourage and support parental involvement in the home visits, group experiences and all other opportunities offered by the program
The candidate for this position will need to attain their Home Visitor Child Development Associate (CDA) or Family Development Credential (FDC) within the first year of employment. Please note that the candidate will be assisted in attaining either one of these credentials by the program.
- Infant/Toddler Child Development Associate (CDA) or AAS/Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Human Services or related field
- Must possess knowledge of Infant/Toddler child development and family interaction
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- A clean and valid NYS Driver's License and reliable transportation for home visits required
For more information and/or questions please contact Veronica Gomez at, firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at, 518-272-6012, ext. 301.
Check out our benefit package! CEO offers:
- Medical, dental, vision
- Free access to a Telemedicine provider
- Paid Time Off
- Professional development during work hours
- Paid Planning time off for classroom staff
- Consideration for Public Service Loan Forgiveness Programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Please note: applicants for this position will be required to complete standard background clearances, which include fingerprints, New York State Child Abuse clearances, a Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) search, a physical, TB Test, and pre-employment drug screen.